Today we've got super easy Beans & Rice
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 8 hours
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 8 oz. smoked sausage diced
- 16 oz. red or navy beans (soaked overnight when you start from dry)
- 1 4oz. can diced green chilis
- 1 14 oz. can diced no-salt tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Chili pepper to taste
- 32 oz. water
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Dice all fresh ingredients
- Turn slow cooker on to LOW
- Add beans, onion, garlic, green chiles, tomatoes, sausage to pot
- Season with chili pepper, salt, pepper to taste
- Cook for 8 hrs--until beans are soft
What's better to curl up with a good book or a long Sunday NASCAR race than a comforting bowl of rice & beans?
S.D. Grady is celebrating the release of her latest novel "The King's Mistress."
JOIN IN A TREASURE HUNT FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO WIN A FREE ECOPY OF "THE KING'S MISTRESS" CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT HOW Full of desire and political intrigue, you won't want to miss it!
As a token of my gratitude for reading, click here for a FREE download full of fun facts and activities you can use at your next masquerade ball.