Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 20-30 Minutes
Total time: 25-35 Minutes
Ingredients: (Makes 6 wraps)
1/2 lb. 85/15 ground beef
1 medium onion--chopped
1 tblsp. Chili Powder
1 large green chile--chopped
1/2 cup cooked corn
1 can no-salt diced tomatoes
1 can no fat refried beans
2 cloves garlic--minced
Black pepper to taste
2 oz Monterey Pepper Jack cheese--sliced or shredded
Tabasco to taste
Salsa to taste
Sour Cream to taste
6 Fajita-sized flour tortillas
- Chop onions, toss into skillet with ground beef on med-high heat. Add garlic, chili powder and black pepper. Break beef apart and brown.
- While beef browns and onions turn glassy, chop peppers and add to mix. Let peppers begin to sweat.
- Add corn. Continue to mix everything together. Corn should begin to sweat. Chili powder gives the blend a nice rusty color.
- Add tomatoes. Mix through. Let simmer for about 5 minutes. Let's the flavors blend while the tomatoes heat through.
- Add beans and stir. Add Tabasco if more heat is desired. Once beans break down and mix into the blend, reduce heat to med-low. Stir occasionally. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until flavors have thoroughly blended.
- While the pot bubbles, shred or slice cheese. Place salsa and sour cream on table.
- Warm tortillas according to directions on package. 15 seconds in the microwave does it for me, but warming them in the oven will garner better results.
- Build your burritos! On tortilla, place cheese on the bottom, so the warm beef & bean blend will melt it. Spoon desired amount of beef & bean over the cheese. Roll burrito. Top with generous amount of salsa and sour cream.
- Serve and enjoy!