|Pan fried boneless pork chop and fried apples.|
How many times do we look in the fridge at a collection of ingredients and think there's no time make anything out of it all? Think again.
Sometimes simple is delicious and fast!
Boneless Pork Chops and Fried Apples
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- One pound boneless pork chops, thick cut
- 4 small seasonal apples...I used Paula Reds
- 2-3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt, pepper, sage for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Core and chop apples into 1/2" cubes. Don't peel them. All the flavor leaves the apples when you do that. Granny Smiths are often recommended for fried, but that's because they are less likely to turn to mush. Any apple will do. At this time of year, don't be afraid of the bags of fresh bargain fruit!
- In a 2 qt. pot heat up butter over medium heat. Drop apples into melted butter. Coat the apples. After a minute, mix in cinnamon and sugar. Stir until apples are coated and sugar is melted. Turn heat down a bit and let apples simmer, stirring occasionally.
- In 12" frying pan, heat up EVOO over medium high heat. Season pork chops and drop into hot pan. Let brown--about four minutes or so--then turn. Continue to cook until no pink remains. Turn only once! When done, remove from pan and let sit for a few minutes before slicing.
- By now, apples should be soft, but not cooked into sauce. Remove from heat.
- Serve! Garnish (which I always forget to do) with fresh thyme or parsley.
Hope your Race Day is full of satisfying snacks :)